Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Fresh Wind, Fresh Fire

I finished this book last week...it really challenged me again on the importance of prayer. The book reminded me of the power of prayer...the urgency of prayer...that prayer is our LIFE LINE...our communication line with God.

The book talked about how church's prayer meetings are empty and then Churches wonder why they don't see life change and growth. HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I believe that part of the struggle is that prayer isn't always glamorous...frankly there are times when it is WORK! It is not always easy to come and pray...and there are times when you don't see the results right away and sometimes you don't see the results. BUT WE NEED TO DO IT! If not, our friends and family...people in our community...will be heading to hell...if we don't pray...we may not have the wisdom and discernment needed to make the best decisions...if we don't pray our church may grow stagnant instead of vibrant...if we don't thank THE CREATOR OF THE WORLD WE ENJOY...COME ON CHURCH!!!!

When I was in the middle of the book, I COULDN'T WAIT to get back to Prayer Encounter...I was SOOOOOOOOOOO excited to pray again...I LOVE praying...love getting with people and getting to work...getting on my knees. When I wasn't a pastor, you would find me every week at prayer meeting...I believe that some of the prayers we prayed "back in the day"...some of those prayerwalks around the city that have opened doors for us to see people come to Jesus today. So what will happen to our church if we don't pray now...COME ON CHURCH!!!!

Here is the deal...The urgency for prayer NEVER ENDS. We never "arrive" as people until we see Jesus...we never have enough people and resources to make the impact we could...AND more than ANYTHING ELSE we should NEVER, EVER tire of coming to our God WHO GAVE HIS LIFE FOR US and telling him thank you.

It's time to wake up Church...both Grace Community and THE Church...and get on our knees and start crying out to God in thanks and in requests. DO IT!

No comments: