Friday, March 12, 2010

Got me!

As I was reading parts of Philippians today 1 verse penetrated my heart...it got me...almost like I had never read the verse before. I love it when the Spirit of the LIVING God does this...makes something we have read many times come alive. There is was...in chapter 4 verse 9...Paul wrote:

"Whatever you have learned or received or heard from me, or seen in me-put it into practice. And the God of peace will be with you."
The assumption here is that what people have learned, received, heard and seen in ME is what I want them to practice! That it actually models what God wants...who he is...how he longs for us to be. THIS is what I long for in my life and our church. That we each could say the words of Paul. That what people have learned, received, heard and seen in us...do it because it is what God longs for from us.
What needs to be removed from your life to be able to live this? What needs to be added or improved? What is already there? Seek the heart of our God...thank him for what already lines up with him...confess what doesn't...AND make the necessary adjustments in your life, so people can look at us and say...THAT is how to follow Jesus.

No comments: