Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Update

"The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside the still waters, he restores my soul. He guides me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake." (Psalm 23)

This passage has taken on new meaning to me over the past 5 months. Just as any good father would...he MAKES ME lie down in green pastures...he makes me rest...he demands it! I am grateful for God slowing me down...

I have been feeling really well...exercise has been good...Been consistent with my eating...I feel less and less like I've had a heart attack. The main reminder is fatigue in my muscles from my meds...my legs just don't "have it" sometimes...BUT I am learning to be ok with listening to my body and not pushing it as hard on those days.

Learning a lot about my pockets of energy that I have each day...figuring out how to pace my days differently and put time gaps in my schedule...I like to RUN HARD through the day...but there is a time for slowing down...reading...solitude that is vitally important as well. Still working on being ok with that...I like to JUMP from task to task...keep pushing...driving forward...but that is not what is best...

Making changes in my schedule as well...I will not be teaching at Grace College this fall and I will not be teaching the after school classes that I taught last year until my heart attack. As of now, that will mean that we'll make less $, but it is worth it from a schedule standpoint. We'll see...God works those things out!

The key is that I am gaining back my passion for life...God...people...I feel it growing in me...I long for that...I don't want to just go through life...I long to be in the middle of what God wants from me...in the middle of what he is doing around me...I long to impact as many people as possible along the way!

No comments: