Friday, August 27, 2010

Remembering X: I ran.

I ran. I escaped. I tried to hide.

In 1993 I was a junior at Grace College...involved in leadership at the school...but after my fall semester I dropped out...I ran. Ran as fast I could to get away from all responsibility. I was losing control of my life and rather than face it...I ran. Rather than trust God to make the changes that needed to be made...I ran. I got a job back home in Ohio and honestly thought about ways that I could wreck my life...I wanted to experience life "on the other-side."

It was during this time that I ran into Pastor Tim...He was the youth pastor at Goss Memorial Church where I grew up...Tim took time to ask me some tough life-shaping questions...questions that PENETRATED my heart...ones that got to the core of who I was at that time. I AM ETERNALLY grateful for Tim...God used him to change the direction of my life...to redirect me...I ended up going back to Grace in '94 and meeting this really amazing woman!

Sure glad God didn't give up on me when I tried to run away from him!!

No comments: