Friday, December 4, 2009

Words that stick...

The power of the spoken word...when and how they are shared means A LOT...someone can say something and it can DEEPLY impact someone, yet it wasn't intended too...others say things intentionally to encourage someone...I also believe that the situation can dictate how much power there is to the words...I was remembering back...back over 10 years ago to when my grandma was dieing...I remember...remember CLEARLY her last words to me...I can still see the passion and love in her eyes...I can almost feel her hand touching my arm...she leaned up as much as she could in the bed...stared DEEPLY into my eyes...it felt like she could see into my soul...and she said these words..."Serve the Lord, Timothy, serve the Lord." WOW...there are tears in my eyes right now thinking about those words...I remember saying "I will grandma...I will." THAT was the last thing she EVER said to me...POWER...ENCOURAGEMENT...CHALLENGE...She went to be with Jesus hours later...

There have been times when those words have haunted me...because I knew I wasn't on track with my Savior...other times when they were the encouragement I needed to take a step of faith...to step out when the only known was that God said GO.

I pray...more than that...I PLEAD with God for the opportunity to encourage people with my life like that! That my words would be encouragement...challenge to live for our God. "Thanks God for encouraging words that stick!"

No comments: