Monday, December 21, 2009

Monday Reflections

I'm not sure how to put it all in words...yesterday was not my best Sunday...it was CRAZY...my prep was on...I had CRIED OUT TO GOD for direction...pleaded with him to work...put in the time needed to prep the message, BUT my delivery was weak...just felt disjointed...WEIRD...it wasn't even as good a when I went through it on Friday and Saturday...I was near tears after the service...I always want to bring my best, but it just wasn't there...

BUT...something happened in that service anyway...a man came up to me after the service with giddy excitement as he shared that his step-daughter gave her life to Jesus during the message...another woman came up to me asking for prayer for freedom from bitterness and anger...Then, I get to the office today and have AN AMAZING conversation with 2 new visitors to our church who were encouraging their families to come to our church because the service was GREAT and the atmosphere of the people touched them! CRAZY STUFF...that's not how I felt, but then again my feelings aren't what matters!! This church isn't mine...it belongs to God...so he will use whatever our best offering is on that day...especially when we have given our best in that moment...

Here is the deal of what I am learned again today...when we pray...when we seek the heart of God...when we beg him to move...that grabs God's attention and he moves inspite of how we "perform." Thanks God for moving inspite of me...Thanks for answering my prayers...good to know that HE runs HIS church.

No comments: