Friday, December 4, 2009

Sometimes "it's" just right in front of you...

Often I am looking for God to move in BIG ways...in miraculous things...looking for the Big WOW moments...sometimes though it happens simpler than that...and if I'm not careful, I'll miss the moment. I had 3 of those moments in the past 3 hours...

First was the text..."...Satan is trying to slow us down but God is Great and Great things are coming..." The person writing was talking about our church and the struggles we have had with the building. I got that text and must give a BIG "RIGHT ON!" The text encouraged me...

Second...The kids and I put up our Christmas lights outside...it was fun doing it with them (or doing it "around them") They pulled out the lights...stepped on the lights...raced up and down the street...Then we had some hot chocolate and off to bed...after they went to bed I knew I had a few things to finish up for church, but decided that I would finish the lights outside...It was like therapy for me...the cool air...the neighbors lights...was just what I needed...a little break to slow down...Even took a few of those way down deep in the lungs breathes...

Third...I was about to go inside and I looked across the street and what did I see?! It was lightly snowing...I just stopped...took a couple of moments to just let the moment sink in...was it simple? Oh my yes! But if you have ever just had a moment...way down in depths of your heart...not INCREDIBLE, but deeply profound...moving...encouraging...for me tonight it was the snow...the lights...the text...God used them almost like an encouragement card to me..."Hey Tim...just stop sometimes...I'm here...in the business...in the craziness...I'm here...I'm here for you..." He was right there in front of me and it felt good.

No comments: