Monday, January 4, 2010

Monday Reflections...Family

WOW...the past week has flown by and I believe it is the best vacation I have ever had. We have done more fun things, but as a family...the quality time we had together over the past week was priceless...This fall has been very hard on our family...lots of changes...it has just taken its toll. It was one of the reasons that we decided to get a break even though we are in the middle of a building project at church.

Having my family out for Christmas was so fun...I get to see my parents a few times a year, but rarely my brother and his family. We really enjoy them...it was fun to watch the cousins react to each other. (And VERY GOOD for Jaden to have some older boys around!! He's not used to having other people push him around!!)

The time at the hotel with the kids was AWESOME! I think I still have water in my lungs from all of the swimming...We didn't go ANYWHERE for 2 days...just the hotel room and the pool...it was great.

OF COURSE it helps vacation to go well when the Buckeyes win their bowl game too! Fun hanging out with some ol' college friends in Warsaw and watching the game.

THEN...we capped off our week with some sledding! WHAT A BLAST!! Except for when Kels fell HARD...she's a little sore today!! I'm laughing as I typing thinking of Chloe, Jaden and Luke all flying in the air over the ramps on their sleds...Luke NAILED a ramp and just kept holding on! It was SOOOOOOOOOO fun!

I am soooooooo thankful for my family...for Kelsey and the kids. I love them so much and am grateful for the time we spent...priceless.

No comments: