Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Track it cause the facts don't lie!

Over the past couple of months I have noticed that my energy is not where it was...being a heart patient this concerned me some so I went to the facts...I tend to over analyse things so I went to the facts...I'm still exercising...I have been keeping diet...my cholesterol is actually better than what it was...BUT THEN I went to the HARD facts...you know...the ones that you write down!

For the past year I have been keeping a log of my exercise...I log my time-distance-pace-heart rate avg and max-inside or outside running...Late last week I looked over my log for the past 3-4 months and realized that I have been exercising...but not nearly as much or for as long! SO THE FACTS showed me that reason for less energy is that I have been exercising less. My doctor told me early on that I can keep an intense pace if I keep up with my exercise, diet and rest.

SO...I am now reworking the "rhythm of my life" so that I make sure that I am taking care of my body the way I need too.

This has made me wonder...how many times do we "adjust" the facts in our minds...do we make ourselves believe we are ok when really we are hurting ourselves? How often do we make excuses or plain out lie to ourselves...believing that the way we are living is "all good." I challenge you...take a look at the HARD FACTS in your life...make sure that what you THINK is actually reality...if it isn't...take the steps to make the changes needed...you sure will be glad you did!!

No comments: