Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Remembering Part II: The fire grows

I will never forget "Missions Conference" at church back in the day...missionaries from all over the world would come...Flags from the countries of the world would line the auditorium. (The unair-conditioned auditorium I might add!) The "fellowship hall" and foyer were filled with "booths" of each missionaries prayer cards...books...pictures from their work in other countries. It was an incredible experience...amazing stories!

I can remember sitting in my seat as a little guy...about Chloe and Jaden's age...sitting and hearing their stories...stories of lives being changed for Jesus...hard work being done in countries all over the world. I remember thinking..."God...I want to do this with my life. I want to be a missionary. I want you to use me the way that you are using these people." Those missionaries were the first to plant a seed in my heart to go into the ministry full time...To the Sargents, Sparrows, Darrs, Couts and many others that crossed my path as an elementary aged kid...God used YOU to plant a seed for HIS people and the lost...for HIS church and ministry that moved me to what I'm doing today. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

No comments: