Monday, July 26, 2010

Monday Reflections

I didn't think that I was going to be able to speak, yet I knew that in just a few brief moments I would have to get up and talk...yet I was in tears...uncontrolled tears streaming down my face. You see...I prepared Sunday's service with the thought in mind of giving people the opportunity to pray...to worship...to come before God in silence and in song...through reading the Word together...what I wasn't prepared for was what God was going to do to me through the service.

Let me back up first...what set the stage for God completely "undoing" me...we started the service with praise...HIGH ENERGY...PASSION FILLED...PRAISING JESUS kinds of songs...it was AWESOME! The energy in the room was ELECTRIC...Jerimae then had us read Psalm 8 together...POWERFUL! Then came testimonies on how we could praise God...and it was good. After several had shared I asked for 2 more...and they came FAST! So...I asked if we had a "bonus" (bonus is a favorite word in the Boucher house..."Can we have bonus dad?!") Then Vern shared a POWERFUL testimony about God coming through...AWESOME...set the stage for the rest of the morning...then we had a video that showed our amazing universe...

Then it happened...Jerimae and the guys picked the song "We are hungry" and I came undone. I have tears in my eyes as I type...this song spoke my heart for me...I am sooooooooooooooo hungry for more of God...hungry to have my hunger for him back!! Hungry to have the passion for him...his church and the lost restored and growing. I was CRYING...I couldn't sing! Oh...feeling God in that moment...priceless. priceless.

The rest of the service was amazing as we confessed our sins to God...begging and pleaded with him for things and ended our time praising him again. I didn't bring my watch or my cell phone with me on Sunday...I didn't want the clock to influence ANYTHING that we did...we were going to go and go until God heard our hearts...and it was good. So good. So good to be in his presence like that...

"Thanks God...for listening...for being...for giving hope...for restoring joy...for being faithful...you are soooooooooooooo good. Thank you."

No comments: