Friday, June 4, 2010

Investment

How have you invested your life? Who will show up to your funeral and what will they say?

Today I had the opportunity to perform a graveside service for a lady who passed away at 91 years of age. She lived a FULL life...her first husband passed away after 19 yrs. of marriage and she had 3 teenagers...IMAGINE THAT...raising 3 TEENS! I loved hearing the stories that her daughter told about her mom...it was moving...funny and just beautiful.

This is the 2nd funeral I attended this week...Sunday was another...Mr. Balog is a band teacher at a local high school and his wife passed away last week of a heart attack...she hadn't been sick...it happened rather suddenly...shocked many people...Sunday's service was very moving...there were A LOT of people there...she had invested her life into so many...

As I was sitting at Mrs. Balog's funeral I reflected a lot on my own life...on the fact that God spared me at this time for a reason. And I asked myself..."How are you investing your life, Tim?" This much I know...I don't want people to say that he gave up after his health-issues..."man he was active...living for Jesus...investing himself in people...but after that heart attack in 2010............" I want to finish the race that God is allowing me to run in the way HE sees fit....investing myself well into people around me...I LOVE PEOPLE! Love learning to live life with them...to share their victories and struggles...

I want people to say "Tim loved Jesus...loved his family...and gave his life investing in people."

May that be said of all of us!

No comments: