Tuesday, February 24, 2009

How do you spend your time?

I love how God works...just last week I was talking with a mentor of mine about time...how I spend it...how to have better discipline in my life...am I truly spending my time on the things that really matter? Am I wasting too much time on things that don't!? Am I actually ENGAGING God's Word or just reading it? How often am I on my knees...and how often am I seeking God's heart and talking with him?

Then this week, I'm talking with Jim (our lead guy) and updating him about life at our campus...and he challenged me (and all of the other guys) to track what we are doing...every hour for the next two weeks. To see how we are spending our time...are we making the most of it...are we wasting it away...What are we really doing...What a challenge. To maximize my time for what God wants...for my family...for people...

I went back over my Monday and worked through what I did...I often pray that I will have the chance to impact people...that I will work with God's speed...that he will guard-protect me, my family and my church...that he will give me opportunities to share about him...give me wisdom beyond my years and understanding..."God I long to be used by you...help me to maximize my time for eternal things..."

No comments: