Friday, November 19, 2010

Steppin' Back...

This afternoon I have been prepping for my message on Sunday. God has been prepping this message in me for a little over a month...each step of the past month has cleared the pathway for what he has stirred in my heart...Sunday we will be talking about "Steppin' Back...a Call to Unity."

I just took a break from my prep and hit a couple of blogs...one being Mark Beeson's blog...he is the pastor of Granger Community Church. I read his blog about 1x a quarter...and today was the day! He had to very provoking quotes...On from Scripture and the other from a church leader...

The Scripture...
Jeremiah 6:16 - This is what the LORD says: “Stand at the crossroads and look; ask for the ancient paths, ask where the good way is, and walk in it, and you will find rest for your souls."

Alan Hirsh Quote:

Alan Hirsch was quietly prophetic with his sober challenge to the gathered crowd. During the final session of the AND Conference Alan said:
"My passion is for the Church in the west. In Europe the lights are going out on the Church. Unless something miraculous happens, you'll see the light of the Church in Europe go out. So it will either happen in America, or it is not going to happen. The battle is won or lost here. I've bet my life on that. I've bet my movement on it. I trust the Americans will get it, shrink rap it, and deliver it to the rest of the world."
Anyone up for the challenge? The world is waiting...
Romans 8:18 - I don't think there's any comparison between the present hard times and the coming good times. The created world itself can hardly wait for what's coming next.

No comments: