Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Respect

I have a great deal of respect for Pres. G.W. Bush...he had a VERY open and honest interview last night...he was honest about his shortcomings...about his decisions that he questions...he was straight-forward about the war...Katrina...economy...and his thoughts about Pres. Obama. I have to say I respect him even more after the interview...here was the BIGGEST issue for me...

When asked about Pres. Obama, Pres. Bush said: "President Obama has plenty of critics and I'm not going to be one of them." OH MAN! PRICELESS! Here is a man who was ATTACKED by Obama and many others throughout the campaign...criticized for the decisions he made...and now he is taking the high road. WELL DONE MR. PRESIDENT!

I'm sure that Pres. Bush has opinions...but he has also sat in Pres. Obama's chair...he knows what it is like to have millions and millions of people that you are responsible for...he has been there...I hope that he sticks to this...

It also made me think...what if those of us in the church did the same thing for our leaders? Both the leaders in our own church and other church leaders...What if we decided that we weren't going to publicly criticize their decisions....that we were going to either support or keep our mouths shut...especially if we have never had to make those decisions. WOW...

No comments: