Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm bothered

Jim's message from yesterday bothered me...I have not been able to get Jim's message out of my head...tonight as I was sitting here in my chair...thinking...wondering what to read in the Bible...I picked up my Bible and a thought crossed my mind..."Read John 14." That's it..."John 14)

Here is what I believe...I believe that The Spirit of the Living God lives in those who put their belief in him...therefore, I believe the SPIRIT prodded me to read that chapter...so I started reading...

and there it was...

it was a short verse, but it bothered me...just like Jim's message

It rattled me...shook me up...

Jesus said...in verse 14...

"You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it."

You read it right..."you may ask me for anything in my name and I will do it."

Doesn't say might do it...no maybes...

Jesus, the Son of God, said "ask and I'll do it..."

this bothers me...because it means that I must know what Jesus wants...it means that I must get "clean"...get rid of sin...make sure I am seeking his will and not mine...be seeking him so much that what I'm asking for is what he wants...what responsibility! And...

this bothers me...it is reshaping me...something different is happening inside of me...a longing for a greater, deeper faith...for more of what God wants and less of me...ummmmmmm...

God is doing something in our church right now...it is really special to experience it, to be in the middle of it...I want nothing more than what GOD wants for Grace Community Church...I will beg him to show me...more than that...to show US...HIS CHURCH what that is and WE will join him...

No comments: