Monday, February 22, 2010

GREAT problem to SOLVE


We had a GREAT morning yesterday! Passionate worship...great time hanging out...OUTSTANDING! We do have a problem though...one that we knew was coming, but we are going to HAVE TO do something about it! One of our challenges is sound in our new building. Everything is close together and last week (our first Sunday) the music and my mic were so loud that it really disrupted the kids...this week the adults could really hear the kids upstairs...
HERE IS THE DEAL THOUGH! I LIKE THIS CHALLENGE!
1st Children are the church of TODAY...not just tomorrow...TODAY! If they come to Jesus at a young age...THEY ARE THE CHURCH! Jesus didn't say...let the children come to me when their 18...he said: "let the children come to me." SO...BRING THEM ON...let's reach them with the love of Jesus NOW so they walk with him for their whole lives!! we have kids FILLING UP the Kidzone room...a month ago we were just dreaming about that! NOW we're in!!
2nd We have kids FILLING UP the Kidzone room...a month ago we were just dreaming about that! NOW we're in!! What if my struggle was that we didn't have any kids? If we were a dieing church with no young life...I'll take this problem!
3rd SUNDAY MORNING IS NOT ABOUT CHILDCARE! Sunday morning is about the CHURCH worhsipping God...about allowing people who don't know Jesus to see how much we love him, so THEY will want what we have! That is ADULTS AND CHILDREN.
4th I LOVE KIDS! I love how they pray...how they play...how they take risks because they don't know any better!
5th With Nursery, Pre-school, elementary age, middle school and high school about 50% of our church is 18 years old or younger! AND OH DOES THAT EXCITE ME!
6th Children are the church of TODAY...not tomorrow...TODAY!! (Did I mention that already!!)
So this "noise" is a good problem to SOLVE...why? Because there is LIFE happening...and where life is happening there are things to work through...AND I'm glad I have a team of people to work through this with me!!

No comments: