Monday, January 12, 2009

24

I LOVE 24...Jack is back and I am soooooooooooooooooo glad. I love the show...love the action...love the leadership principles...just a great show...I have seen every season... And I'll admit it...I want to be Jack for Jesus...sounds crazy...but I want to be on the front lines of seeing people's lives being transformed...of marriages being restored...of people giving up addictions...of bring the best out of people...people doing more than they think that they can...of making decisions in the heat of the moment...with the best information I have at the time...but moving forward...making "it" happen...know what I mean?! I want to spend my life making a DIRECT impact on people...

What does it take to be that person? What kind of training is needed? What will have to be given up to accomplish that? What disciplines will I have to develop? What habits must change? Then...when those questions are answered...am I really willing to follow through? WOW...

Theodore Roosevelt:
"It is not the critic who counts: not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again, because there is no effort without error or shortcoming, but who knows the great enthusiasms, the great devotions, who spends himself for a worthy cause; who, at the best, knows, in the end, the triumph of high achievement, and who, at the worst, if he fails, at least he fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who knew neither victory nor defeat."

No comments: