Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Running Partner




I'm training for a 5k race in September...the best part is I have a running partner this time! I LIKE HAVING A RUNNING PARTNER! Mark and I have been running together for 3 or 4 weeks now...a running partner really helps to keep you motivated and pulls you through the tough parts of a run. At different times we have helped each other...When we run 2 miles he usually pulls me through...he was a sprinter in college for crying out loud......today we ran a 5k and I pushed him through the hill...we work to not leave the other one behind, but to push each other...we want to bring out the best in each other.

We need friends like that in our lives...people who will pull us through the hard times and push us when we think we can't do more. The phrase that comes to mind is one that Jim, our lead pastor says: "You can do more than you think you can." I long to be the kind of leader that pulls the best out of people...That pulls people through those tough long hills in their lives...who challenges someone to give more when they go toward the finish line...and who CELEBRATES the victories and learns from the failures...

No comments: