Thursday, August 14, 2008

Practice what you preach, BOUCHER!


Alright...I preach and preach and preach to people about making sure they take care of their marriages...about making sure that they spend time with their kids...about "when your home...be HOME..." because too many of us are home, but we are working on other things. Well, I have been doing well in 2 of those 3 areas...which is good % in basketball and AMAZING in baseball...but life and family not so good!


Kelsey and I went on a date last night for the first time in 3-4 months...no joke...AWFUL! Can't expect my marriage to be healthy...can't expect to keep the fire alive... if I'm not taking care of my bride! I long to have those smiles that were on our faces 12 years ago when we got married to continue to be there. Bottom line is...we all slip up...we all mix up our priorities sometimes...the key is GET BACK ON TRACK...lose the guilt and go make it right! Husbands...let's make sure that in the process of career, ball games, diapers, school, the economy, AND EVERYTHING ELSE...let's be sure to take care of our bride...to not just say that we love them...but show them...MAKE IT HAPPEN GUYS, believe me, you'll be glad you did!
I'll tell you this...it was fun...went to Panera for dinner...walked along the East Race (St. Jo River) and had a frozen custard (that's what my family always called them!) at DQ...AND we talked and talked...held hands as we walked...just hung out together. Someday, when the kids are grown, I'll be so glad that I took the time to keep our marriage fresh...
THANK GOD for Michele from our church...she watched our little ones...fed them...and put them to bed! Always helps when you know your kids are in good hands!
GUESS WHAT?!?!?! We get to do it again next week too! Michele is coming again and we get to go out again...
(Hey, I recognize that girl in the pic, but who is the guy with about 25 more lbs and those COOL glasses?!?!?! Who is that guys?)

No comments: