Wednesday, August 13, 2008

I want that...

Reading in 2Timothy...chapter 1 and verse 7 is just pure power... "For God did not give us a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and of self-discipline." MAN...BE BOLD...I have the power of the ALMIGHTY GOD on my side. As I have read over this and over this the past two days the phrase that really nails me is spirit of self-discipline. How disciplined am I really? I know what it takes to be spiritually, emotionall, physically sharp...to be at the top of my game...Look at what Micheal Phelps has been able to accomplish. Sure, he has A LOT of talent, but he has more than that. Many talented people never make it to the Olympics, because they lack the self-discipline and they are willing to make the sacrifice. This is a process, isn't it?!?!

Here is the thing...if I am to be more like Jesus, then I must, MUST work on my self-discipline...this goes for reading the Bible, praying, fasting, sharing my faith, as well as eating, exercising, learning, etc. It can be overwhelming sometimes...BUT God says that he will give us the strength to do it! TAP INTO THE POWER EVERYONE!!!!

No comments: