Friday, August 22, 2008

The pain of defeat...

I LOVE competetion...love to put everything out there and see what happens...to try to bring the best out of people. I love to pour myself into what I am doing. Tonight our men's softball team played in a tournament...we were down by 4 runs in the bottom of the 7th and scored 4 to tie the score against the #1 team. Then we ended up losing in the 8th inning. MAN THAT WAS A TOUGH LOSS!!!! GREAT to be in the game, but stinks to lose. Then we played one of the weakest teams an lost. UNBELIEVABLE...I have to say it was hard to take. I'm still fuming. I know...some of you out there are saying... "It's just a game Tim." Sure...I hear you and I may believe that in the morning...BUT I really want to be at my best and our team's best. I REALLY enjoyed the guys...fun group! Competition is not something that we should be afraid of, but soemthing that we need to learn how to shape...mold to be constructive and not destructive...

As for softball....As they say..."there's always next year..."

No comments: