Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Facing Your Fears


Post #3 in less than an hour...1st time for everything...

Today while the kids were swimming I realized that I'm going to have to practice what I preach...I challenge my kids and other people to face their fears...to overcome what they think is impossible...

One of those things for me is swimming in deep water...no joke...My biggest fear is drowning and I don't have a great story as to why...just always have been afraid and I never have learned to tread water...I can swim some (no endurance!) and have been "through" the deep end before...but I have NEVER jumped into water over my head...never dove into deep water and have DEFINITELY never gone off a diving board.

"So why are you blogging that Tim?" GREAT QUESTION!!!! I guess because now EACH ONE of you is my accountability...I am making it a goal to jump into the deep end, learn how to tread water AND jump off of a diving board by next summer...I don't want to miss out on the fun of playing with my kids in the deep end...don't want to have to find reasons to not get in...it is time to practice what I preach...face my own fears...and "do more than I think I can..."

Hey...is it really true that when you write it, you have to follow through or could I just erase this post and act like I never wrote it?

Just asking...

No comments: