Monday, April 21, 2008

Conference Day One

Great day today at my conference in FL...My session today was with Mark Batterson from National City Church in Washington D.C. Mark wrote the book "In the Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day." GREAT BOOK...I read his blog often because he has a lot to say on multi-site church and leadership...

Take-aways from today...
1. I LOVE hanging out with church planters! These guys love people...love Jesus...love to be on the edge...
2. If it's worth preaching it's worth podcasting
3. The unchurched don't know what an offering is, so explain it
4. You don't want to preach because you have to...you want to preach because you HAVE TO!
You want to preach becasue it is just pouring out of you and not just because it is your responsibility...so stay fresh!!!!
5. Pray like it depends on God and work like it depends on you
6. I LOVE hanging out with church planters! (Did I already say that!?!?)

No comments: