Monday, November 17, 2008

Sunday Night Thoughts...Part 2

I can still picture Jim, our lead pastor at the end of our communion service last night with hands raised...kneeling before the cross...kneeling silently...the music had stopped...some people had started to leave...but there he was...resting in the moment...allowing God to touch his heart...savoring every second that he could...

Then it hit me and tears are coming to my eyes right now thinking about it...We HAVE TO savor those moments...we have to wait just a little longer...to rest for a moment longer...to celebrate a while longer...because we won't always have that chance...Often we too quickly cut off the good times and the good moments...we move on to the next thing, but we have to let them soak while we can...

So I did...I enjoyed every moment last night...just let it soak...from worship to washing my good friend Bill's feet...to prayer walking...to the bread and the cup...to 1 hour of passionate worship...I just let it soak...then seeing my daughter...hands raised...singing at the top of her lungs...dancing before our God...encouraging another younger child to join her...OH...I was a proud daddy last night...my girl loves her God and love people!

THEN IT HAPPENED...the other side...the part of life that just makes your heart hurt...last night I got home and I was flying high...I sat down and had my laptop open, ready to blog...then the phone rang. Jason, our neighbor, was on the other end and told me how his wife, who is in her 20's and struggling with leukemia, has pneumonia and had 2 strokes yesterday...my heart aches for them. Miranda is a spark of light...the type of person you want to be around...every kid in our neighborhood loves her...she loves life and loves people...my heart hurts for her and her family...I have been and am continuing to pray for a miraculous healing...please join me in that prayer...

I would like to encourage you...more than that...challenge you...urge you...to savor the good moments...suck every second you can out of them...don't leave too soon...don't run to the next thing too fast...hold on to that moment...because the next corner could be a tough one and that moment will help carry you through...

Praying for you Miranda and Jason...we love you both...

No comments: