Friday, June 13, 2008

A week to remember...

This is a pic of part of our group from the closing ceremony tonight...We just beat the ran!

I remember at the beginning of the year talking about not wanting to live on 2007's stories. That I want to be apart of something that God does that is fresh. This week was another one of those times...AND THE WEEK ISN'T OVER! We saw A LOT of kids, over 100 make a decision to either walk closer to God or to follow him for the first time...AWESOME!!!!!!!!!! 100's of more kids heard about Jesus. I just received an email from one of our coaches who said that 2 of her team of 11 had heard of Jesus...that means that she shared Jesus with 9 kids FOR THE FIRST TIME! AMAZING!


Tonight as I left the field, I walked from one end to the other...I just wanted to have a moment to let it all sink in...to also just say thanks to God for giving me the priviledge to share his message. God is so good...


We have had so many people serving this week...Over 55 team coaches...8 specialized coaches that helped with 4-5 year olds, 5 specialized coaches to help with the 6-12 year olds, Papa Murphy's Pizza giving EVERY KID free pizza, 2 water people, a closing ceremonies coordinator, the most amazing registration team ever, Wooster-OH students...amazing, Notre Dame players, Grace College players, Bethel College students, Riley High School players, Goshen Campus youth helpers, parent volunteers, high school coach, the big lift truck, childcare workers who freed up our parents with young kids, Etna Green...a local band, Some random guy on a microphone, THE BEST CONNECTIONS TEAM EVER...they met so many parents I can't even believe it, ball sorters, place placers, snack bag packers, ball donators, guest speaker, SHOULD I KEEP GOING?!?!


I am excited, blown away, exhausted...what a week! "Thank you God for the chance to see something and be apart of something WAY bigger than me and Grace Community Church."


And the week isn't over yet...We still have Saturday and Dadiator on Sunday for Father's Day...


Ephesians 3...God can do me than we could EVER ask or imagine...and boy am I glad!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe that no one has commented on your post yet Tim, because when I read it, my emotions could have made me fly to the sun and back... WOW! Tim,... I know we've never met, or maybe we have and I forgot, but isn't it so cool how everyone came together? I love the way you described it, brother, and being on staff at Grace College, it makes me so happy that our Grace guys helped out, along with guys from South Bend Riley, Bethel, and Notre Dame, among other places. Isn't it awesome how God brought so many people together, and how even the most "seemingly small tasks" like water guys [I've done water at camps before, and on hot days like we have, what a fun way to minister!] and snack bag packers can come together and serve Jesus... I am excited by reading your article, brother. I can't drive because my eyesight is not up to par, but I want to serve at your camp next year if possible, or the next time that you do it. Working with so many others as a team is my "cup of chai". Tears of pure joy at how Christ is at work... AMAZING