Thursday, May 22, 2008

Hope...

In about an hour I will be going to a funeral for Haley, a beautiful, smart, talented 16 year old young lady that committed suicide...I will be talking during the service and I have to say this is one of the hardest things I have had to do as a pastor...Haley had so many people that loved her...the lines were long for over 5 hours last night at the viewing. I have one goal today...I don't have answers...I can't say why...BUT I can give hope...hope because Jesus said that he will give rest to ANYONE who comes to him. ANYONE...no matter how badly the family is hurting, no matter how many unanswered questions her friends have...Jesus is there waiting...waiting to give them a peace that is unexplainable...



"God I pray...that each person there today would see the love you have for them...that you want them to come as they are...with their pain, questions and hurt...God, comfort these teens and family

1 comment:

Bryan Nelson said...

Just prayed for you today bro. Hope everything went OK for you. God will use your words.