Thursday, January 20, 2011

Walk a mile...

My heart aches for people...everyone has their own unique story. Their own journey...we can so often be quick to assume things about people...but what if we had the chance to walk a mile in their shoes...how would that change our perceptions? Oh how it would!

This school year I have had a student who has been a struggle in one of my classes...defiant...just tough to work with! Just a few weeks ago I got just a glimpse into her life...into what she has gone through...it really opened my eyes on how to approach her and work with her...my heart broke for her and what she has experienced in her journey...

Another story...I had lunch with a friend a while back...we hadn't talked in a long time...I could tell something was bothering him...we talked about some stuff...some tough stuff, BUT he didn't get to the deep truth of what was happening...he hid it...I had NO IDEA what was really happening...just where he really was...his world was crashing in on him, but he didn't share it with me or anyone else...didn't share it until it was too late...MAN...if he only would have talked...would have let us walk the mile with him...

2 lessons here...ONE...Open yourself up to other people...when you are hurting LET THEM IN! DON'T HIDE! Let other people you trust walk with you...

2nd...Stop! Stop assuming you know what and why someone is acting a certain way...STOP TODAY and look around...no REALLY look around...SEE people today...and remember that God made them...he loves them...allow that to break your heart...to drive you to pray...pray HARD for people...both for what you know and what you don't!

No comments: