Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Thoughts...

Teaching my class on Monday nights at Grace College has really opened my eyes...opened them to the fact that MANY young people have not been discipled...mentored...one of my students was very honest last night and said in front of the class, that he knows he needs to be mentoring others, but he himself has never had that...never had someone invest in him personally...walk with him...challenge him...so I thought about it...how did Jesus do it? He shared with many, but invested himself personally in a few...Grace Community is a place where we desire to do things the way Jesus did...its not about tradition...the way things have always been done...so it made me think...what is happening, really happening here at Grace...I have been on a couple week journey thinking about this...haven't talked to anyone about it yet...(well, until this post!)...the bottom line is I want to make sure that our people are on a journey of becoming more like Jesus...I long to see them truly ROOTED...deeply ROOTED with Jesus...in the Word...prayer...other spiritual disciplines...sharing their faith with others...serving...using their gifts/abilities...I believe this is happening here...I believe that we can do better...my heart is stirred up...wondering what God will do with this...looking forward to continuing to learn as we go!

No comments: