Monday, September 1, 2008

Visualize a win!


Got the time I wanted today. Not as fast as my last 2 5k's, but with the knee injury disrupting training...I'll take it. 23.27 was the time...BUT it's bitter sweet. My running partner Mark CRUSHED me in the race...beat me by 12 seconds...he ran a great race and I thought I would be able to catch him at the end...BUT he just kept it up. WELL DONE MARK! (my insides are saying "grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr" Not that I'm running to win, of course! (BIG JOKE for those that don't know me well!!)


Mark said something before the race that hasn't gotten out of my head. He asked me what I visualize when I run...what is it that motivates me to do better. Do I see myself reaching my full potential and beyond. I had to say no...I don't...don't think of much while I run except "Lord, help me finish!" But it really got me thinking about what messages we allow ourselves to think about. When I played more basketball, I ALWAYS visualized the game...different situations...making the winning shot...battling for rebounds...SO why not do this with every area of our lives...WHAT IF...I visualize myself sharing Jesus with people all the time...what if I allow my mind to race so much on God that He CONSUMES my thoughts...what if I always think about how to solve a problem instead of how tough the problem is...what if...I say that the sky is the limit...This takes discipline, but I want to commit to turning my thoughts to I CAN DO THIS or I WILL FIND A WAY...imagine what our world would be like if we all decide to think that way...WATCH OUT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the time!! I know you have been training and working hard for that race!! Maybe the NY marathon is in your future?? IF so, we will be there to watch!!

Jill