Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sunday Night Thoughts...




Great morning today...our lead pastor Jim is really stirred up right now. He always has a lot of passion, but there is something different about this one...something happened to him when he went to Asia and met the orphans that our church supports...something is different about him...God is really stirring something up in his heart. Not sure what all of that means, but God is really working.


Nuggets from the message this morning:

-God wants us to give out of our sacrifice, not out of our abundance.

-We can buy praise for God. (By giving our time, our resources, our ability, our $...people praise God because we helped them...they don't praise us, so we buy praise for God.)

-We can't out give God

-You reap what you sow...so a lot...get a lot

-God blesses what we give?

-So, where do I spend my time? What would my wife and kids say that I spend my time on?

-Pour into people's lives

-Give your best to your family!


FUN....FUN...FUN...the rain has just been pouring down the past couple of days. After lunch, Chloe, Jaden Luke and I all went outside and played in the down-pour. OH MAN WAS IT A BLAST! I felt like I was 10 years old again!!!! Oh Baby, was that fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Small group tonight was good too...good to hang out and talk life with people...we finished "In the Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day." Great book...a must read...Great people in our group...great hearts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting a recap since we did not make it, it was good to see what we missed!