Saturday, March 14, 2009

WHAT A DAY...Part 1

If I ever wonder if God is working around me, yesterday will always be a day that I will look back on and say a HUGE HONKIN' YES! Just listen to this day...both from a personal perspective and as a pastor...

I started the morning reading the Word and in prayer...felt a heaviness...felt tempted to just "check out" and waste the day...(ever been like that?!) I decided to pray...read the Word...AND called a good friend to pray for my focus for the day...WOW...did God come through! Here is how my day unfolded...

-Pray...IN the Word...
-Talked to some old friends from a church I used to go to
-Went to Jaden's school to have lunch with him...had a blast!
-Went out to recess and watched Jaden play football with his friends for 20 minutes...(they NEVER stopped running!)
-Talked to a couple of my former students parents...great to reconnect and talk about Grace
-Headed to LaSalle to sign my coaching evaluation
-Talked to MANY teachers that I used to work with
-Got to invite one of them to come check out Grace and had the opportunity to talk about what God has been doing with several others...
-One downer right here...I told Ms. Doyle that I wouldn't be coaching next year...just can't do everything...MAN, I'll miss the staff...the kids...and it'll be a GREAT team too!
-Kels calls...she has locked herself out of the house! Ran home...
-Back in time for a meeting and got to invite another guy to church
-Met with a pastor buddy...told him about my trip to China...he says..."how about some bucks toward your trip..." YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! His missions team paid for 1/3 of my remaining support for China...YES!
-Had an AMAZING talk with him about theology/ministry stuff...LOVE THAT GUY!
-Good talk with Jerimae down in the office...
-More work in the office and the hours flew...
-Worked through some refinance stuff for our house...
-In my car talking to someone...they tell me that they are going to TAKE CARE OF THE WHAT WE OWE ON MY CAR...ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!?! We're talking $3000!!! Gone...finished...through! THANKS TO THAT PERSON AND JESUS!

-YOU THINK THAT I'M DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Take Jaden to his OVERNIGHT birthday party at a friend's house
-Get home to find Kelsey home alone...she had secretly planned to have Chloe and Luke stay overnight at gma and gpa's so we had a DATE NIGHT!!!!
-Went to eat with Kels then to a movie
-Thought we should have had some worship music before the movie...I mean...aren't you supposed to have church at a theater...

WHAT AN AMAZING DAY! Just thankful for all of the opportunities!

No comments: