Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Verse of the day...

This year I decided to read through the Bible chronologically...the reading program is really cool...it breaks up books of the Bible into the order that they happened. They add the Psalms into where they happened too...it has been good. A few weeks back I decided that I was going to add a Proverb a day, everyday for the rest of the year...Just to heap on some extra wisdom. Today the key verse that grabbed me was Proverbs 3: 5-6:
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight."

I have known this verse since I was a little kid and today it got to me again...the question for me is: "How do I lean on God's understanding instead of my own?" Bottom line...I HAVE TO be spending time with him...listening, reading, learning, praying...in tune with God...I want what he wants...I want to see people with his glasses...with his vision...I long for his will to be done in my life, my family's lives and our church...What a great verse to pray through today...

No comments: