Friday, June 5, 2009

I'm sick of it...cause it just breaks my heart...

I just finished reading Mark Beeson's blog called "33 years ago today." And it was moving! He speaks of his relationship with his wife...33 years of marriage! The post is VERY well written...beautiful! 33 years they have spent together...I praise God with them...

Then I found myself crying in the office...actually there are still tears in my eyes as I am typing...But...they aren't tears of joy...it is a deep ache down inside of me...a longing of some sort...It comes down to a longing to hear more stories like Mark's...more stories of couples that are thriving...more stories of couples that are willing to put in the work that is needed for their love and marriage to not just make it, but to thrive. I am longing for couples to stop throwing in the towel...stop shutting down...I heard last night of a couple that is ending their marriage after 25 years...25 YEARS! PEOPLE we must not give up...we must work through things...Don't you EVER give up! WORK THROUGH IT and do it with God AND each other...seek the heart of God...walk through the pain...say you're sorry...confront the sin...YOU CAN DO IT with the stregth of the Holy Spirit of the living God and the people God will put there to help you...YOU CAN DO IT!

No comments: