Tuesday, July 22, 2008

What kind of steak do you want?


I LOVE steak...LOVE IT! A couple of years ago I received a $100 gift card to LaSalle Grill...An amazing restaurant in South Bend and yes, Kels and I spent all of it in one visit. The steak there is AMAZING, INCREDIBLE...my mouth is watering right now thinking about it. At this restaurant they take their time cooking the food...they grill it in a wood fire! WOOD! (I think my mouth is watering!)


I was thinking about church...about my relationship with Jesus...and I want a LaSalle Grill steak kind of relationship with Jesus. I WANT THE BEST! BUT I want it right now! I don't want to wait for the grill to be warmed...I don't want to get the wood just right...I want to throw the food in the microwave and have it RIGHT NOW! Are you with me?!?!? We want the amazing steak taste...we want the amazing relationship with Jesus, but we don't want to take the time to see it happen...


So, I live it with this...let's enjoy the process...let's learn to enjoy the journey of life...enjoy how God is slowly making us into the BEST person we can possibly be!

No comments: