Sunday, August 21, 2011

From the mouth of kids and other thoughts...

Tucking the boys in tonight I told them how much I have enjoyed being around more this summer...how grateful I am to Grace Community Church Goshen's leadership for paying me through the summer so I could be with my family...and have time to reflect and restore. We always pray before bed and Luke prayed this tonight...

"God...'at (at means "that" to Luke...)help us to move on from Grace Community Church so 'at we can really like our new church..."

Whoa...the prayer of a 5 year old! He really touched me with that prayer...my kids LOVED Grace...they were more than just "the pastor's kids" there...they enjoyed their friends...enjoyed the people...their teachers...and what AMAZING perspective for Luke...He loved Grace, but he already sees the importance of moving on! I believe that God will honor my little man's prayer...God will lead us to just the right church and he will have us fall deeply in love with the church!


Other things...
Today was the end of my summer...I have meetings tomorrow at Jackson...more on Wednesday and then students on Thursday. It is strange to think that after 7 years I will be back teaching full time...been part time for a lot of that, but this is different. A bit strange feeling...I am looking forward to the adventure of the school year...seeing what opportunities there are.

Feeling grateful tonight...grateful to be a child of God...grateful for my family...grateful for my friends...for how blessed my life is and has been...

No comments: