Tuesday, August 16, 2011

"Do you like your seat?..." Class Reunion!

We had our 20 year class reunion...it was good to see some of my classmates and hear what they have done over the past 20 years...during our dinner Saturday night...Julie Solomon (Cookro) who I had gone from Kindergarten through graduation with read some papers from 3rd grade. They were sooooo funny...they were short letters from each classmate...Mine...well...it wasn't the nicest...here it is...

"Dear Julie, Do you like your seat? I don't. Your Friend, Timothy"

AND THE DEAL WAS...we sat by each other!! Ouch!! Now you couldn't find a sweeter...kinder girl than Julie and I wrote that! We got a good laugh about it, but I imagine it wasn't toooooo funny at the time...

Reminded me how much our words can hurt others...Julie read mine letter through laughter Saturday night, but how often do we say things...simple things...that can shoot through someone's heart.

Let's be careful with our words...careful to say things that encourage other people...build them up. I'm lucky...I wrote that in 3rd grade and Julie is forgiving!! So that makes it funny now...BUT it is toooo easy to hurt others.

No comments: