Friday, August 7, 2009

Ummm....what will happen...

I shared on Monday that I am hunting for part-time work...There are a few opportunities happening with South Bend Schools, but A LOT of pieces have to come together to make that happen. The factor with all of this is that I allowed my teaching license to expire back in 2006...I wasn't sure at that time if I would teach again and didn't want to spend $$ to take 2 classes...Bottom line #1...we need God to act if this is what he wants!

Possibilities...
-Part-time teaching (2 or 3 full-time positions open, but I am not available for that much time!)
-Part-time at Perley...possibly get some hours at the Elementary Fine Arts Magnant School...good conversations with the coordinator and another teacher there...definately an after-school opportunity, but possible school hours too...
-Athletic/Academic Coordinator...LONG SHOT opportunity...this is a position that will coordinate after school programs for athlets who need to work on their academics...

We'll see what God does with all of this...bottom line for me...I want to impact people for Jesus...I want to care for my family...I want to see Grace Community Church SB/Mish growing and thriving...I want to impact the South Bend/Mishawaka region...ummm...I can do all of those things being a pastor and teaching...we'll see what God wants...

No comments: