Monday, August 17, 2009

Monday Morning Reflections...

The prep for the the last 2 messages that I preached have been the 2 hardest ever...this one is hard because it is soooooooo hard to practice being quiet...hard to truly STOP and listen for God...WAY TO OFTEN I say that I don't have time to stop...don't have time to be quiet...but I must. The quiet is not days and days of quiet...not even hour after hour...but a moment...a minute in the middle of our day...A moment to exhale and pray...to simply ask God to Refuel us...

The past two weeks have been a RACE for me...Even though I was on vacation, I still had several church calls to handle and was pursuing possible jobs with South Bend Schools...(still no job yet BTW!)...and when I was in the office, it seemed that more was piling on than usual...Which was no surprise since I was speaking on quiet...the enemy is good at his job...good at working to distract us...WE MUST STOP...GET QUIET...and listen for the voice of God...REST in him...

Do it right now...STOP reading...Take 30 seconds...turn off the radio...block out the sounds around you...push back everything you HAVE to get done...and sit in silence...asking God to Refuel your heart-soul-mind...



Ahhhhhhh...I just finished my time...just good to refocus my mind on my Savior...the one who loves me...died for me...is coming for me...

QUIT READING AND GO BE QUIET!!

No comments: