Saturday, August 1, 2009

The absolute worst...the absolute best

Last night was our last 2 games of the softball season...it was bittersweet for me on the field...I played my worst fielding game since little league! I'm an o.k. hitter, but I take pride in making tough catches in the outfield...SO...last night I had at least 3 errors...and another 2-3 catches that I should have made...I WAS FRUSTRATED! I actually tried to catch one...in the air...with my non-glove hand...So...NO errors for the whole season and AT LEAST 3 in one game...NICE!

Our team got KILLED in game one...10-0...in the last 3 innings we left 8 guys on base! THEN in game two we are winning by 7 in the bottom of the 7th and the other team comes back to tie...we get our last at bat and GUESS WHO IS UP?! Yup...the error-king...ME...hoping for some redemption! The winning run was on 3rd, so I hit the ball as far as I could (which is just enough to get it over the center-fielders head) I DID IT AND WE WON! So, there was a little sweet redemption...made the AWFUL fielding night rest a little better...talk about the highs and lows of a game!!

No comments: