Thursday, October 2, 2008

"Leave everything on the field"

You have probably heard a coach tell his team to "leave everything on the field." Meaning...when you walk off the field today, know that you played your best...tried your hardest...did everything that you could do in the game. TONIGHT....my boys soccer team did that in our playoff loss. We lost 1-0...and my boys played with heart...with passion...they truly left everything on the field. I'm soooooooo proud of them...they put their best out there!

My thoughts tonight have gone to this...what happens to you when you put everything you have into something and it doesn't work out? AND what happens the next time you have the same chance? I'm not just talking about sports here...I'm talking about work...school...marriage...raising kids...church...how do you respond to failure or at the least something not working out.

This is a true test of your character...would we be willing to give everything again if things did not work out last time...MAN...that is hard...putting your heart back out there after a failed marriage...after a lost job...after a...you fill in the blank...may we always be willing to face our fear...face our failure and come out and continue to try...to continue to push forward and continue to risk failure...cause if we don't take a risk failing we will never taste sweet success!

I love sports...because there are so many life lessons that can be learned...so many character traits that can be worked on...and to my LaSalle Lions boys soccer team...GUYS...I'm sooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of you!

No comments: