Saturday, January 21, 2012

Take Ownership! (Good Job Chloe!!)

Chloe came home from swim practice the other night and made my day! They have different practice groups...4 different levels. After practice she told me that she asked her coaches if she could move up to the next level. She said that she was meeting the times in the level she was in, but wanted to be pushed more...so she asked to move up. So, I asked her if mom had told her to do that...she said no...she just did it!

NICE! She is taking ownership of her development!! That is a parent (and coach's!) dream!! I am sooooo proud of her!

THEN today at her swim meet she says..."I was really comfortable in my other group, but you can't get better if your comfortable." ARE YOU KIDDING ME!?!?!?!?!?!?!? This girl gets it...really she does.

I quickly had my mind run to the messages that Sam has been preaching on the past couple of weeks...the essence of the messages is to take ownership of your spiritual life. That YOU are in charge AND responsible for your growth...then my mind ran to how my spiritual life is going...Chloe's challenge ran deep for me...Take ownership AND go do something about it!!!!

No comments: