Monday, September 26, 2011

If this couch could speak...



15 years ago my brother and sister in-law gave this couch to us...before that it belonged to my grandma...I remember when it was moved into her new apartment when I was in 5th grade after my grandpa had passed away.






Whoa...lots of memories...think of all the things that this couch has seen...think of the moments...the memories...sad stories...heart breaking stories...AMAZING joys...tears of joy and broken moments...prayers...teaching moments...wrestling...couch-covers...TONS of desserts...movie nights...FUN memories!!






A couple of moments for me...






My favorite of all would have been sitting on that couch interviewing my grandma...I had to interview someone and then write a paper on them in high school. I will never forget (I just got CHILLS thinking about it!) that time with grandma...it was sooooooo priceless...hearing about her growing up years...her life with grandpa...how she missed him. (Over 50 years of marriage! Cool story there...Kelsey's wedding ring has gma's diamond in it...so it is rounding 70 year of marriage in that diamond!!) Priceless times.






I also remember watching Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy with Gma...THEN YEARS LATER...I got to sit on that couch and watching the same show with MY KIDS!






That couch has a lot of memories...it was beat-up...torn-up...but it was still hard for me to send it to the curb...LOTS of memories!

No comments: