Monday, April 18, 2011

So much to carry...

I don't even know where to start this blog today...I left school this morning with tears in my eyes...my heart aches for some of these young people...The choices they are making...the things that they have already been exposed to by friends or classmates...by their own families. It leaves me with a heavy heart for them. Many of them have struggles at home...parents that fight or just don't pay attention to them...some don't live with their parents. There are some that are really the ones raising their syblings...

Every year that I have taught school I leave with kids that I would love to adopt...love to take in and provide a place of safety...of encouragement...of structure...a place where they can see how much a mom and dad love them...and hear about the God of the universe that can help them. They carry such a load.

It is a priviledge to be a teacher...to be part of their lives...to have the opportunity to influence them and to know them. I only wish that I could get into their heads and provide the message that GOD LOVES THEM...that HE thinks they are BEAUTIFUL...HE longs to know them...and he will meet them RIGHT WHERE THEY ARE AND WALK WITH THEM FROM THERE! They don't have to be perfect...God will walk with them...and will provide the strength to overcome...more than that...to thrive.

DON'T GIVE UP...DON'T EVER GIVE UP young people...seek out God...learn to trust again...MAN...the load they carry!

JESUS said: "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light." (Matthew 11: 28-30)

No comments: