Tuesday, October 4, 2011

You just never know...

You just never know what is going to encourage someone...I cannot tell you how many times a simple note or text...really encourage me. Today was one of those days. 3 very simple things made my day...

First it was a call from a very good friend...the call was for a microphone that he needed, but he ended up encouraging me more than I can express...AND it all happened in less than 5 minutes! It was simple...but soooooo good!

Then I received an email...from another friend...asking for help...it came out of the blue, but his request really encouraged my heart.

THEN...the icing on the cake...it was really short...the shortest of the 3...a text...YEP...you got it...a text...very few words, but it came from a person I deeply respect and haven't talked to in a while...it made my day and encouraged my heart to hear from him and know that he was thinking of me.

You have been there haven't you? A time when someone shares a simple word...a phrase that just lifts your spirit...just pushes you forward...simply makes your day. Not a huge conversation, but something to boost you up...

Today made me think...who do I need to encourage...who do I need to give that boost too...let's be honest...most of the time we don't even intend to encourage in those moments...they simply happen. BUT let's pray...pray that God allows us to influence people...not just in the BIG ways that many can see...but in the little things...in the simple conversations...in the times that we may never even know about...

SO DO IT...send that text...that email...that quick call...the one that will lift someone up...don't think for a SECOND that it doesn't matter...do it!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Such true words. It takes a waiting heart, (waiting on God) to receive an insight through scripture you couldn't understand how it would "fit in" until you find the opportunity to share it with someone. Sometimes maybe a text message to someone then they return the text with something like: "Thanks, I really needed that..." God is always looking fro F A T Christians -
Faithful
Available
Teachable.

I like your blog. Take a peek at mine, if you will. Both, please:
www.houseofmercyint.blogspot.com and www,houseofmercyministries.blogspot.comThanks
Rodney