Saturday, December 31, 2011

Wrapping Up 2011

Whoa...
Hmmm....
Uh....
Well...
Where do I start in talking about 2011? LOTS to "unwrap" here...LOTS happened...
I started this blog a few days ago...decided I just didn't like it! I saved it for myself for another time. Frankly this year has really hurt...I have felt lost...awkward...confused...just strange for a a great deal of the 2nd half of this year. The year started with a dream...a challenge...renewed vision and direction for me and our church...anyone who has read this blog or lived this with me...knows where that journey led...(if you're new to the blog...just head back to May and June and start reading!)
God's faithfulness though is what has been my focus over the past week as I thought about how to finish off the year...I have thought about this BEAUTIFUL, funny, adorable, cute, snuggly, little girl that was a true gift from God this year. She has been sunshine in the midst of a storm...a true miracle and treasure from God. SOOOOOO grateful for her and that God blessed us with Sadie Lynn Boucher THIS YEAR...that wasn't an accident!
I'm also quite grateful that the very week that the decision was made to close our church (and put me out of a job) that our school system offered me a full time position. WHO GETS THAT?!?!?! God was soooo good to us...to give us $ and insurance while many struggle to find a job. AND to have a job that I enjoy...I'm grateful.
OBVIOUSLY there are other blessings...Sadie isn't the only amazing family member that I have!! But those 2 things are my 2 biggest highlights from the year.

No comments: