Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Listen up!

Doctors. We pay them A LOT of money. A LOT! We ask for their wisdom...their advice...we want them to be miracle workers...want them to heal our bodies...our minds...we want all our physical and emotional issues to just disappear when they take care of us...

Here is my question though...

WHY DON'T WE JUST LISTEN TO THEM?

You know what I mean? They tell us to take time off...to rest our bodies...and we think..."I'll be alright...I can go back to work/school/regular activities now...I'll be fine!" They encourage us to take medicine for a certain time...and we think..."probably long enough...I'm good!" They encourage us to change a behavior...even give us steps on how to do it...But somehow we think we are smarter than them!!

This really hit me a while back...Here I was...sick as I have ever been in my life...my doc tells me to take AT LEAST...that wasn't a maximum...it was A MINIMUM...AT LEAST a month off...I had the time built up...so I could do it...BUT NO...I knew better than him...SO I went back to work after about 3 weeks...worked hard...and it set my recovery back...and as I look back (because we always have 20/20 vision then!!)...it set my recovery back by months...probably by about a year!! What if I would have simply listened to my doc's advice?!?!?!

SO...why don't we just listen? For some reason we think we know better!! Good ol' human nature...we ask the experts their advice...but then we only use what makes us happy!

Same thing happens in our spiritual lives...we read the Bible...listen to people who have "been down the road before..." yet we think..."It won't happen to me like that...I'll be alright..." only to roadblock ourselves and set our development back by months...sometimes years!! And frankly...I've watched some ruin their lives and deeply hurt people around them...simply because they weren't willing to listen and act.

The book of Proverbs in the Bible has A LOT to say about listening to wisdom...LOTS TO SAY. I still have not become a master listener...but I am working harder to listen to those around me...those that have been down the path before...to learn from their mistakes...to absorb some "tips" from their successes...so that I don't fall into wrong traps...so I make positive habits and patterns in my life...sometimes this makes me go against the grain of my makeup...but when I have it is soooooo worth it...saves me time and pain!!

So let's "Listen up!" Which means we won't just HEAR wisdom...instead we will ACT on what we hear!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Just a quick note to tell the general public about a great man who brought my husband back to me after 11 years, his name is Dr. OKO. My husband was snatched from me by another woman when I went to see my sick mother, I came home to meet the house empty my husband was not at home, he wan’t picking call none will he call back. I was left alone with our 4 years old baby, he was gone for 11 years but just a month ago a friend of mine called me to tell about oko and she gave me his contact and I did contacted him and he told me my husband was with another woman. Also, he said he will bring back my husband within a few days, I thought it was a joke but behold my husband came home begging for forgiveness just as OKO promised. Off course I forgave my husband everything became normal even more that it was before. You too can be helped by him if interested through: okotemple@live.com or call/whatsapp: +2348131684022.