Monday, April 26, 2010

Took my breath away...

Our communion service last night took my breath away. My desire last night was for people to have a chance to encounter God and to catch a deep breath. You know how good it feels on a warm day...to step outside and take a good........long.....inhale...then you hold it for just a second longer..........and let it go. "Ahhhhhhhh"

THAT is what I was looking for lasting night for people...and it happened...watching parents go around with their children...seeing people praying for 20-30 minutes...silently before God...resting...longing...pleading...it was good.

Then to experience the bread and the cup...to reflect on all that Jesus did...how thankful I am...

To eat together...share life together...I looked around at one point and saw conversations happening all over the room...

Then to end the night with people sharing their hearts...to see people sharing who haven't ever spoken up before...PRICELESS moments of sharing and then praying...

Last night was good. Very good. Last night was a breath of fresh air.

No comments: