Thursday, February 28, 2008

Ridiculous Prayers...


I am reading Mark Batterson's book "In a Pit with a Lion on a Snowy Day." I already have it on my favorite books list and I just finished chapter 2! I this chapter Mark writes about praying ridiculous prayers...prayers that stretch our faith...prayers that make us feel foolish for even asking for so much, but I say...WHY NOT ASK?!?! Jesus says that if we ask and have the right motives he will come through...here is one of my ridiculous prayers...I have been praying this for the past 4 years..."God may we see as many people come to you as there are stars in the heavens." That is mine...every time I let my dog out and I see the stars, I pray that...I want to see God move in a way like he did in the first chapters of Acts and WHY NOT!!!! Do it...let's pray ridiculous prayers...

No comments: